Windows 10 is the latest and best version of the Windows operating system that was first launched in 2015 and was made as a free upgrade to people who were running Windows 7 or Windows 8 on their system. Although it is a solid performing operating system there are instances when certain issues can arise. In this blog, you would get to know how to tackle the Windows 10 not connecting to WIFI automatically issue.
Steps To Fix Windows 10 Not Connecting To WiFi Automatically Issue
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps mentioned below it’s best to first restart your computer. This action refreshes the operating system and fix any corrupt temporary data available which could be causing the problem.
There are several factors which can cause a computer to not connect to a WIFI connection automatically. Listed below are the troubleshooting steps which you require to do to fix this problem.
Forget the WIFI network
The first thing that you will require to do in this case is to forget the WIFI network then connect to it again. This will resolve any corrupt data with the connection that could be causing the problem.
- Click the Network icon available on the lower right corner of your screen.
- Tap Network settings.
- Hit Manage Wi-Fi settings.
- Below Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
- Tap Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.
- Restart the system.
- Choose the Network icon on the taskbar.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you want, then choose Connect.
- Enter the network password, and then choose Next.
- Select Yes or No, depending on the type of network you’re connecting to and if you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on the network.
Check if the windows 10 not connecting to WIFI automatically issue still persists.
Confirm that the WIFI adapter does not automatically turn off
A power saving setting in your computer will generally turn off the computer WIFI adapter when it is not being used. Confirm to turn off this setting as this can be a factor which can cause this problem.
- Right click on the Start button and, in the menu that arises, tap on Device manager.
- Double hit on the Network adapters section.
- Find the WIFI adapter in the list and then right click on it. From the right click menu, tap on Properties.
- Tap on the Power management tab to navigate to it.
- Now uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Tap on OK.
Check if the windows 10 not connecting to WIFI automatically still persists.
Run the Network Troubleshooter tool
The Network Troubleshooter tool analyzes your computer for any connection connected problems and tries to resolve it. You must try using this tool to resolve this issue.
- Choose the Start button – Settings -Network & Internet – Status.
- Below Change your network settings, choose Network troubleshooter.
- Then follow the steps in the troubleshooter.
Examine if the Windows 10 not connecting to WIFI automatically issue still arises.
Disable Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
This feature allows you to share internet connections by making your computer work as a hot-spot. Occasionally this is turned on it can cause this problem that is why you must turn it off.
- Click Windows + R to open the Run application.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and click Enter.
- Once in the device manager, tap on “View” and click “Show hidden devices”.
- Now expand the category “Network adapters”. Browse for the entry “Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter”. Right-click it and choose “Disable device”.
- Restart your system.
Check if the Windows 10 not connecting to WIFI automatically issue still happens.
In case the issue still occurs then you must try to run CHKDSK to check and fix bugs in the operating system that could be causing the problem.
- Click “Windows” + “R” keys at the same time to open the Run prompt.
- Enter “cmd” and press “Shift” + “ctrl” + “Enter” simultaneously.
- Tap on “yes” in the prompt to provide administrative privileges.
- Enter the following command and press “Enter” to start the scan chkdsk /f /r /x.
- Wait for the scan to be finished.
In case if you are unable to overcome this issue, then simply consult experts. Chat with tech-savvy professionals available at Pcsolutione so as to get best guidance to overcome this annoying issue.