Comprehensive Guide to Troubleshoot Netgear Error 651
While using Netgear Routers, it is not a big deal if you confront errors. Technical problems are a part of any electronic gadgets which we come across today. One of the widespread issues with the Netgear Routers is Netgear Error 651 issue. Users experience this error while trying to establish an internet connection. Here, in this blog, you can find several reasons behind the Netgear modem error 651 and how you can fix it.
Possible Reasons behind Netgear Error 651
- There can be trouble with the Modem or the Router leading to the Netgear Error 651.
- Moreover, the wireless connection can be posing as a disruption resulting Netgear Modem error 651 issues.
- The error can also arise because of misplaced or corrupt configuration files.
- There can also be an IP address conflict causing Netgear error 651 code.
Apart from this, there are several reasons behind the Netgear Router Error 651. Also, below listed are some quick methods to fix the Netgear error. Go through the points sequentially and resolve the error code 651 problem. If you find any trouble connected to the Netgear connection error you can always connect to their professional at Support that provides ideal solutions for Netgear router issues.
You may also read: Netgear 401 Unauthorized Error
Solutions to Fix Netgear Error Code 651
Some basic methods to fix the Netgear error code are as follows. Go through the following steps and try applying them in your system to fix the issue.
1. Reconnect the router first
To fix the error this is one of the easiest methods. You should turn the router off for a moment and then turn it ON after some time.
In case you are using the LAN network, then unplug the entire USB cables and then reconnect them after a while.
2. Reset TCP/IP on PC
If the above method will not work for you then you proceed to this method. But before proceeding further let us notify you that TCP means Transmission Control Protocol and IP stands for Internet Protocol.
In the private network TCP/IP used as a communication protocol.
- When signing into the windows, confirm that you are having administrator rights.
- Then you should start by providing a command prompt.
- Then copy this command “netsh int ip reset reset.log”
- Now click the enter button.
- Finally, restart your computer system.
We are confirm that this method will certainly fix the issue for you. In case you would fail to resolve the issue applying this method then you proceed to the next one.
3. Re-establish the Dial-Up connection
There are chances that your device got hanged during the connection and that is the cause why you are facing Netgear Router Error 651.
To fix the issue, you can try to recreate the dial-up connection. To do so initially click on the “Dial-up or ‘’broadband connection’’ and then choose “create a copy”. Finally, delete all your current connections.
Follow below steps to do this:
- Tap on “network and sharing center” and then choose “change adapter settings”.
- Now you should click on the “broadband” or the “dial-up connection”
- After that simply select the “create a copy” option.
- Soon after you will do that it will create a copy of the existing connection.
- Delete entire old connections and reestablish new connection.
4. Boot the Computer System in Safe Mode
In this method, you should boot your computer in safe mode and then disable the current antivirus which you are using now.
Oh! So, you didn’t get anything, relax and simply follow the steps which are provided below.
- Turn ON your computer system and then restart it.
- Turn the power button and when your computer will be in its initial stage to get started, click the F8 button.
- Press until you see the option of the “advanced boot options” menu.
- To highlight your section, use the navigation keys.
- By selecting the “safe mode” with networking you can click the enter button.
- Wait until the driver will not be loaded.
- You will then notice a welcome screen and now you can sign in with the “administrative privileges” account.
If you find that this solution is not working then you can disable the security software.
5. Perform the Clean Boot
To perform the clean boot, you should perform the following steps
- From the start menu, find “msconfig.exe”.
- Now click on this to open the window configuration.
- Now you should choose the Load startup items and for the same, you initially must click on “general tab” and then “selective startup”.
- By going to the “services” tab check “Hide all Microsoft services”
- To disable the other services, now you should click on “disable”.
- To perform a clean boot, reboot the computer now.
We wish that you have understood all the steps to fix the issue of Netgear router Error 651. In case you are unable to fix it, then simply consult experts at our toll-free to get quick resolution of error.
Q) How to fix error 651 in Netgear Router?
A) Follow above steps so as to get rid of this error code easily.
Q) How to unhide my Wi-Fi network?
A) Click Wi-Fi Settings. Click the menu button in the top-right corner of the window and choose Connect to Hidden Network…. In the window that appears, choose a previously-connected hidden network using the Connection drop-down list, or New for a new one.