Looking to fix McAfee Error 1406 when installing your McAfee Security? During installation of McAfee antivirus, occasionally you receive error code Error 1406. Read the blog till end so as to know its symptoms, reasons of it occurrence & solutions to get rid of it.
Symptoms of McAfee Error 1406
- You might receive McAfee Error code 1406 message and it may crash your active program window.
- Your machine runs sluggishly or doesn’t respond to input devices like a keyboard or mouse.
- The regular crashing of your system.
- You system screen gets freeze sometimes.
- This McAfee error 1406 arises during the installation process or occasionally during startup or shut down of your machine.
It is very significant to find out the exact time and reasons for the error code 1406. This is very important for troubleshooting the issue.
Reasons of Error 1406
- The partial installation process of McAfee antivirus.
- Windows registry corruption or modifications.
- Malware infection or virus attack on windows system files.
- Another program might have deleted significant supporting files for McAfee antivirus installation
- Runtime error because of a variety of other issues
You may also read: McAfee Error 1404
Operating System on which it may arise
- Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows XP, Mac, Windows Vista
Solutions to fix McAfee Error 1406
1. Manual repair registry entries
- You can manually edit the registry entries in the windows registry; although, this is a very risky task.
- Go to start button and open a command prompt using “command” in the search box.
- Click CTRL – Shift button and press on the Enter.
- Choose Yes option and you will get a black box with a blinking cursor
- Enter “ regedit” and click enter button.
- Take a backup of the registry by clicking on the file and choosing export option In the Save In the list,
- Now save the McAfee Antivirus backup key in a folder.
- Finally the file will be saved with a .reg file extension.
2. Run full scan
Occasionally malware infections are reasons of error 1406. Thus it is suggested to perform a full scan of your system
3. Use disk clean up and clean your junk or temporary files
- When you are surfing on the web, you end up gathering junk files or temporary files in the background. By using Disk cleanup tool, you can clean up temporary files, that will be also well for your machines good performance
- Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- Open command prompt and enter Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr).
- Disc cleanup will automatically measure the disc space and it will notify you with series of checkboxes.
- Choose the files you want to clean and click on ok.
4. Update your Device drivers
- Error 1406 could be because of corrupt files or corrupt drivers.
- Occasionally updating device drivers can fix your issue.
- Now if you are trying to update your drivers manually; a bit dangerous as well as hard task.
- It is highly suggested to use tools like Driver update tool or Driver Doc.
5. Use System restore and undo the changes
- Search for system restore and click enter.
- Open the system restore, enter your password or admin password for this.
- You will get a wizard to choose your restore point.
- Restore your system.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall the McAfee antivirus program
Uninstall the earlier files and newly install the new McAfee antivirus program.
7. Reinstall entire windows
Finally, reinstall the windows operating system and start again with the fresh system.
Hopefully, you would have resolved McAfee error 1406. In case if issue still persists, then chat with McAfee experts at our site for quick resolution.
Q) What are the reasons of this error?
A) There could be several reasons behind this issue, we have listed them above.
Q) How to fix McAfee Error 1406?
A) Follow above solutions to fix this error code or simply chat with experts available at our toll-free for quick resolution.