Kaspersky error code 1603 arises when Kaspersky Anti-Virus fails or crashes whilst it’s running, hence its name. It doesn’t signify that the code was corrupt in some way, but simply that it did not work during its run-time. This type of error will arise as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and rectified.
Symptoms of Error 1603 in Kaspersky
- “Error 1603” arises and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC often crashes with Error 1603 while running the same program.
- Windows runs slow and responds sluggishly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer sometimes “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Reasons of Error 1603
- Incomplete installation or Corrupt download of Kaspersky Anti-Virus software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from the latest Kaspersky Anti-Virus-connected software change (install or uninstall).
- Malware or virus infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Kaspersky Anti-Virus-connected program files.
- Another program accidentally or mistakenly deleted Kaspersky Anti-Virus-connected files.
Step by Step solutions to Fix Kaspersky Anti-Virus Error 1603
- Fix Registry Entries Connected with Error 1603
- Execute a Full Malware Scan of Your device.
- Remove Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- Update Your PC Device Drivers
- Utilize Windows System Restore to “Undo” latest System modifications.
- After that Uninstall and again install the Kaspersky Anti-Virus Program Associated with Error 1603
- Now, run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
- Install entire Available Windows Updates
- Finally execute a Clean Installation of Windows.
Are you still facing error code 1603 in Kaspersky:
We wish that after following the above mentioned steps, you would have resolved Kaspersky Anti-Virus Error code 1603. If you experience any issue or are unable to fix it, simply call Kaspersky customer support at Pcsolutione +44-1213181081 for instant and best support from professionals.