TomTom is the best GPS Navigation device providing firm available in the market. It provides devices for Cars, Buses, Trucks, and other vehicles that are available in the market. It offers an extensive range of accessories for the use of people, and every user requires to Update TomTom Car GPS so that they can use the entire features of the device.
There are several solutions to perform the process and to help the users in the solution we have provided the entire steps that would help them in the process without any trouble. All the steps provided are distinct, and they provide complete solutions to the issues connected to TomTom Car GPS. You can also visit our website where you would get the entire answers for the products connected to TomTom GPS. You would also view the steps to Update TomTom Maps.
Solutions to Update TomTom Car GPS
Follow mentioned below solutions, and by following all the steps, you would get complete help in the process.
Solution 1) Download the Maps
- Open Navigation on your device
- Subsequently, click on Settings option and after that click on Map
- Now, you should click on Menu Bars
- Here, choose Update Map
- Subsequently, insert the USB drive into the vehicle USB port
- When inquired, remove the USB drive from the vehicle
- After that, enter the USB drive into your computer and choose continue
- Then, you will be connected to your map update content
- Once the order confirmation page is displayed, you should select Download
- As the process continues, follow the steps and then install TomTom Map Updater.
Solution 2) Update Uconnect Firmware
- Turn on your vehicle’s U-connect screen and then choose Navigation on the device.
- Now, you require to click on Settings option
- Subsequently, click on System and then click on about
- Then, write down the 10-digit Unit ID number
- As the process continues, you should visit Garmin.com/auto-update and choose Firmware updates option
- Here, you should enter your vehicle’s 10-digit Unit ID number
- Now, choose Submit and enter the Unit ID
- Subsequently, on your vehicle’s U-connect screen, you should select the Navigation option.
- Here, you should click on Settings then click on Map
- Now, from the Menu Bars which will be present on the screen
- You should choose Update Map
- Afterward, you should insert the USB drive into the vehicle USB port
- Once prompted, remove the USB drive from the vehicle
- Now, you should enter the USB drive into your computer and choose Read Media
- If you notice the Updates available, click Download
- Once downloaded, you will be commanded to install the downloaded software.
- If your firmware is forward-thinking, go to “Request Map Update.”
- Now, you should eject the USB drive from your computer
- Subsequently, insert the USB drive into the vehicle USB port.
- You will notice that the firmware update will start automatically
- Now, you should follow the commands to finish the firmware update.
Step 3: Load Maps
- Insert the USB drive into the vehicle USB port
- Subsequently, transfer the map data to your vehicle
- Now, you will notice that the map update is finished when you see the Where To/View Map screen option.
In case if you are unable to update TomTom Car GPS, then consult experts. Call TomTom Customer Support available at Pcsolutione to get quick support regarding the same.