Paper jam is a common problem which is often encounter by Brother Printer users while printing documents. When this problem arises, the LED indicator on the Control Panel of the device begins blinking. Users become unable to take out the paper from the input tray. As a consequence, the device stops working until the jammed paper remains inside the device. Go through the solutions below so as to Troubleshoot Brother Printer Paper Jam error efficiently.
Simple Steps to Resolve Brother Printer Paper Jam error
Paper jam problem may arise either inside the paper tray or might get stuck within the printer roller. Thus, you can perform the below steps to Troubleshoot Brother Printer Paper Jam error:
- Initially, disconnect the power cable from the power supply. After that, disconnect the LAN cable from the device. If the paper support flap is open, shut it.
- Subsequently, remove the input tray out of your Brother printer. Now, check both the levers of the input tray to examine the paper jam. If you see there is any paper junk, take that out of the tray.
- Now, open the scanner cover of the device. Examine if there is any jamm paper in the corner of the device. Subsequently, confirm that there is no jammed paper or ripped paper in the front of the device.
If you are not able to take out the jammed paper, remove that by following the further step. If it can be removed, directly move to Step 7.
- From the front panel of the device, insert one plain A4 sized glossy paper into the paper tray of the device. If are any jammed papers inside the device, then the paper will automatically come out of the device.
Note: Confirm that you have performed this step cautiously without touching the encoding strip. Else, it might harm the entire performance of the device.
- Once the blocked paper comes out of the device, then remove the extra inserted paper from the front panel. Subsequently, open the jam clear cover from the backside of the device to check for the jammed or ripped paper.
- Then, you will have to insert one plain A4 sized paper carefully. After inserting or pushing the plain paper, the blocked paper will come out by the opening.
Now, you can remove the plain A4 sized paper you have inserted by your side through the backside of the device. Subsequently, close the jam clear cover that you have opened to clear the paper jam.
- Subsequently, close the scanner cover gently. After that, insert the input tray gently to its real position. Hold the input tray in its place cautiously and pull out the paper support. Confirm that you have heard the beep sound. After that, unfold the paper support flap.
- Then, reconnect the power cable and turn the device ON. Perform a test print to examine whether the problem is resolved.
These are the steps that can help you to troubleshoot Brother Printer Paper Jam. We wish, after applying the above steps in their respective order, you will be able to enjoy a hassle-free printing job. In case of any trouble, consult Brother Printer experts available at Pcsolutione. The professionals available here at toll-free will assist you most effective solutions regarding same.