Are you a Brother Printer user who often experience errors? Let us help you with a few tricks and tips to troubleshoot Brother Printer offline error which can be a constant worry for frequent users. When the printer goes offline, it will, in turn, interrupt your entire printing task. Causes for the Brother Printer offline error can be attributed to several different types of network issues; external software that affects your device, enabling the printer offline settings, faulty software that you use, poor device configuration and a few more.
Troubleshoot Brother Printer Offline Error on Windows 10 & MAC
Fix Brother Printer Offline error on Windows 10
Initially, you need to do is uncheck the ‘use Why Brother printer goes offline’ option if it has been chosen. This can be done by following the mentioned below steps to resolve Brother Printer offline error on windows 10.
- Initially, open the control panel from the start button and click on ‘devices and printer’ option.
- Then right click on the brother’s print icon and click on ‘see what is printing’.
- After that click on printer option from the top of the windows and examine if there is any checkmark on ‘use printer offline’. If there is a checkmark, then uncheck it by clicking on it.
- Turn off the printer and take out the USB of the printer.
- Then, once again turn on the printer.
Initially, guarantee that your Brother printer has the correct driver installed. You can download the right driver from official website of Brother printer. After that, follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Turn off your brother printer by clicking and holding the ‘Go’ button situated on your printer.
- Then turn on your printer yet again by pressing the similar button.
- Release the ‘Go’ button once all the three lights emerge. After that, press it consecutively for ten times.
- Now, wait until the red light is lit.
- Place the brother printer machine in the network range of an access point & WPS.
- Then follow the on-screen commands for the complete setup.
- After finishing of the driver installation process, your printer will be in the ‘online’ state.
Fix Brother Printer Offline Problem on Mac
There are lots of issues that may lead to the issue of Brother Printer offline error on Mac. Let’s explore at some of the most common ones:
- Faulty hardware, Paper jams, outdated software, low or no ink toners.
- Occasionally Mac device automatically connects the device to Wi-Fi and downloads the relevant drivers. Here user requires to click the device and unclick the option stating printer is used offline.
- Occasionally firewall enablement stops the printer from printing.
- The Mac operating system has several printer drivers and USB connections. Thus the only thing you require to guarantee is that the printer is able to recognize the Mac device and vice versa. Please choose the printer from the system preferences tab which is listed on the Apple menu.
- Initially, switch on the power of your brother’s printer.
- Then, remove the plug and power outlet.
- Now, unplug the interface cable and plug it into the power outlet.
- Finally, turn on the printer and insert the CD on the CD ROM drive that comes along with the printer. In case of you don’t have CD, download then install the printer driver from Brother Printer’s official website.
How to install the driver
- Start by restarting your printer and the newly installed driver.
- Then choose the printer and install the paper port. Kindly read entire instructions provided in the manual carefully.
- Open the Apple menu and choose “System Preferences”.
- Tap on “printer and scanners” and open the “printer scanner and fax”.
- Tap the add button and open the default options.
- Choose the name of your printer where you will notice “Print and fax” and “print and scan” options.
- Here let and add the brother printer to the device. Once your printer is added to the Mac device, shut the system preferences.
- Finally your brother printer offline error on MAC will be resolved.
Hopefully, by following above solutions you could easily troubleshoot brother printer offline error. If in case if you are unable to do so or you experience any trouble in doing so then consult professionals. Call Brother Printer Customer Support experts available at Pcsolutione for best and instant support.