Firmware updates are very significant as they often contain fixes and security patch and the same is true with your Garmin Fenix 5 Plus. Garmin rolls out updates regularly and then to address user-reported problems. However, there were users who recently reported that they receive Garmin Fenix 5x map update error and that’s really a bugger.
Related Blog: How To Fix Garmin GPS Not Working issue?
In this blog, I will talk you through in troubleshooting your Garmin Fenix 5 Plus that’s not updating its firmware. I will share with you the most effective and common solutions to this problem. Thus, if you’re one of the owners of this device, continue reading as this blog may be able to help you.
Step to Resolve Garmin Fenix 5 Plus Update Error
- Reboot both your smartphone and your smartwatch.
- Confirm both devices are suitably connected.
- Then, try updating the Software Using Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Finally, update the Software Using Garmin Express.
Initially, your should do if your Fenix 5 Plus isn’t updating its software is by restarting both your phone and the watch. This will refresh the memories of both devices and it might be the only thing you have to do. You require to do this after authenticating that there’s a firmware update available for download.
After the reboot, confirm that the connection between the devices is stable. Your smart watch must be able to receive notifications and other services must work suitably especially ones that only work with the Smartphone. Turn off the Bluetooth in your phone and enable it again to refresh the connection.
As long as you have a Garmin account, the Garmin Connect Mobile app will automatically update your watch whenever latest update is available. If this doesn’t work however, then update your Fenix 5 Plus using Garmin Express on your computer. Before you can update your device software, you should download and install the Garmin Express application and add your device.
Steps for Garmin Fenix 5x Map Update
- Connect the device to your computer via USB cable.
- When new software is available, the Garmin Express application delivers it to your device.
- After the Garmin Express application completes sending the update, ejectthe device from your computer.
- Finally, your device installs the update.
We wish that you would have resolved Garmin Fenix 5x map update error. In case of any trouble or issue, simply consult Garmin professionals available at Pcsolutione for assistance.