Garmin produces the best GPS devices, and Garmin Nuvi is one of their best selling products used as a navigator for vehicles. It acts like a personal assistant while you are on the journey. It is important to keep updating your devices with Garmin map updates as the maps can help your device to function normally. Some technical issues arise while operating the device. The Garmin memory full error is one such example of the errors in Garmin GPS that can be instantly resolved by following the correct instructions below.
Removing the archival files
- The archiving of files is very common in the GPS devices. This begins to consume the device memory. It frequently remains in the background while users operate the device. You will need to remove the archive files.
- This solution is for the operating system of windows. For deleting the archive files, you will need connecting to the system and using the Garmin express that manages the devices. You can download this application and install it on your system.
- After the earlier step, you can navigate to the folder of Garmin GPS and then tap to open it. This folder will be available in the Local disk C drive in most situations. If you are unable to find it, then search it in the search bar.
- Once you have located the folder of archived files open it and also delete the inner contents of the folder. There will be few files which won’t get deleted as they are useful to the system.
- If you have Mac as your operating system, then the process is precisely the same for Mac as well. You can continue with connecting your device to the system by the use of Garmin Express.
- Finally, go ahead by searching for the folder of Garmin GPS and then open it by double-clicking on it. Go to the folder of archives and double click to open and delete the contents, usually, some critical files will not get deleted. Once you have finished, you can reboot the device and check if the error has been resolved.
Contact Garmin experts at Pcsolutione to get instant support:
If after trying the above steps, you are still facing issues with garmin memory full error then get in touch with Garmin customer support at Pcsolutione.