Windows Error Code 0xc00000e9 arises when you are unable to read a disk or drive.It leads to a blank screen when you attempt to boot your operating system and doesn’t allow it to start. There is also a circumstance of this error which will not let you to boot Windows in Normal Mode, but will work in Safe Mode.
Related Blog: How to Fix BSOD Error Code 0x0000001 on Windows 8.1?
It is caused by different PC components not being able to suitably connect to your computer. There could be other causes for the Error 0xc00000e9, like misconfigured UEFI/BIOS/CMOS settings, malfunctioning hardware, or corrupt system files. One way to resolve the issue is by reinstalling Windows from a DVD/USB flash drive. See below for a more comprehensive description of the error and reasons for it, as well as different ways to fix it.
Reasons for Windows 10 Error Code 0xc00000e9
There can be many reasons why the error might arise. Your system may come across such error code under these following conditions:
- Malfunctioning hardware
- Damaged PC components
- Malware attack may also create a fault in a few circumstances.
- Output/Input problems
- Damaged system files or registry issue
- Windows update and build issue
- wrong connection/ disconnection of a removable storage device (external hard drive, USB drive );
Best Method to Fix Error Code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10
There are several causes why the windows error code 0xc00000e9 might emerge during boot. However, it can be hard for users to figure out what is causing it. To find out, you require to do some troubleshooting and resolve the problem accordingly.
- Reboot your system: Ocassionally, a temporary problem can go away after a quick restart. Also, confirm to do a hard reset by powering off the system and turn back it on as error can avoid Windows from booting.
- Update your driver: When you can boot windows using safe mode, then, you must examine that your drivers are updated or not. Error Code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10 may arise when system drivers are outdated or poorly configured.
- Scan your system for malware: Malware is one of the significant problems that can damage your system. Attempt to scan the PC and install antivirus software to overcome such issues.
- Boost using Safe mode: There are times when the window does not boot usually. Thus, it is good to use safe mode in that condition.
- Test your hard drive: You can also attempt the hard drive into another machine. In some situations, it is feasible that by changing the hard drive, you can conveniently fix the problem effortlessly.
- Update Vol boot code: Error Code 0xc00000e9 on Windows 10 generates a problem when BOOTMGR is not able to read the BCD files. Thus, you can check it and examine if Vol boot code to use BOOTMGR properly.
- Changing the boot mode: The user can also attempt removing the Error Code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10 by changing the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy.
Re-Install Windows: If nothing works, then it is best to install windows again according to your system. Keep in brain that not to overwrite the window. Install a new and fresh window in your system, that will fix the error code 0cxc00000e9 fully.