Complete Guide to Troubleshoot This PC can’t run Windows 11 error.
Lots of users have reported the ‘this pc can’t run Windows 11 error’ while trying to install Windows 11 on their systems. This error is caused because of Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 setting in a device. In order to effectively install Windows 11 on a PC, a user might have to resolve both or one of the errors. Keep reading the blog to find a solution for ‘this pc can’t run Windows 11 error’ and Windows 11 minimum necessities.
How to Fix This PC can’t run Windows 11 error
As stated previous, the error might arise because of two reasons. Initially, the Secure Boot feature in the BIOS setting might be disabled, leading to the error. Secondly, the TPM 2.0 shall be enabled, that is one of the Windows 11 minimum necessities. Both these errors might arise when a user is trying to mount and run the Windows 11 iso. However, there is a possible resolution for both the errors. Follow the steps provided below to resolve ‘this PC can’t run Windows 11 error.’
The PC should support TPM 2.0
- Examine Whether TPM is enabled
- Click ‘Windows + R’ and open the run command.
- In the dialogue box which opens, enter ‘tpm.msc’ and click on OK
- A window termed ‘TPM Management on Local Computer’ would open
- Examine whether the TPM is enabled below the ‘Status’ section
- If the message displays ‘The TPM is ready for use’, it is enabled and one does not require to follow the provided steps.
- If not enabled follow the steps provided below
- Reboot and open ‘Startup Menu’ through F1, F2, F10, F11, DEL or other required key.
- Open the ‘Security Tab’.
- Visit ‘TPM device’.
- On the list available, choose ‘Available’.
- Save and reboot the PC.
The PC should support Secure Boot
- Once the TPM is available, follow the provided steps
- Reboot the PC and enter the ‘Start Menu’
- Enter ‘Bios Setup’
- In the menu, choose ‘Advanced Tab’
- After that, choose ‘Boot Options’
- Below the menu, a lot of boot options would be available
- Find ‘Secure Boot’ and enable it
- Click on save and exit
- Boot the system and then enter ‘Start Menu’ again
- Manually choose the drive which has Windows 11 download in ‘Boot Device Option’
- Finally Install Windows 11 manually from the Windows 11 iso
Windows 11 Minimum Necessities (expected)
- A 1.4 GHz single-core (32-bit) or a 1.4 GHz single-core (64-bit)
- 2GB of RAM
- 15GB of available storage
- A minimum hardware resolution of 1024 x 768
Hopefully you would have resolved this pc can’t run Windows 11 error. In case if issue still persists then it is best to consult professionals. Consult experts at our toll-free for quick resolution.
Q) Why does my Computer not support Windows 11?
A) This processor isn’t supported for Windows 11.” You require a 64-bit Intel or AMD processor running at a speed of at least 1 GHz with 2 or more cores, or, on Arm-based PCs, a compatible System on a Chip (SoC). The biggest change from Windows 10 specs is that 32-bit (x86) CPUs are no longer supportable.
Q) How to install Windows 11?
A) Once Windows 11 becomes available, you’ll download it the similar manner you would with any new version of Windows. Most users will visit Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and click Check for Updates. If available, you’ll notice Feature update to Windows 11. Click Download and install.
Q) What are the minimum requirements for Windows 11?
A) For your computer to run Windows 11, it will require a processor which has two or more cores and a clock speed of 1GHz or higher. It will also require to have RAM of 4GB or more, and at least 64GB storage. The PC will also require a TPM security version of TPM 1.2 or higher and SecureBootCapable support.