QuickBooks error code 6144 arises when the users are opening QuickBooks file on the application, and they do not open. These files are the damaged or corrupt QuickBooks files, and it prevents you from opening it. At the same time, you can’t perform any other task neither on the primary system and nor by logging on to other systems. It is best that you get rid of this error as soon as feasible. Or else, you will be resented from performing out the daily tasks. The manual method of resolving this error has been given below in detail and if you need technical assistance, you can get in touch with experts and discuss the issue.
Before you begin with the process, keep in brain the following guidelines
- Please note that the entire steps that are provided below, leaving aside the final step should be performed on the main system/computer.
- The QuickBooks application should be closed on the entire systems
- The antivirus software must be disabled for a temporary purpose
- Remember about the MS office version you currently working on
- Since Qbserviceuser is dependent on the version, thus for Microsoft Office 2013, you must for Qbserviceuser23, for 2015, Qbserviceuser 25.
The Process to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144
- Tap on the Start icon of the system and enter ‘Services’ in the search bar.
- Now tap on the Service tab and look for ‘QBCFMonitoringservice.
Guarantee that the ‘service status is started’ and the ‘startup type is
Automatic.’ If not, then do these necessary changes.
Now you are necessary to change the option if Change Account type.
- For that visit Start>Control Panel>User Account
- Once done, select from the option of Add/Remove user account and tap on the QBDServices(no.) depending on the Microsoft version that is currently installed
- Tap on ‘Administrator’ and then choose ‘Change Account Type.’
- Then open Drive C folder in the system and make a folder by the name of QB. The provided folders should be created; Administrator, Add User, Add System, Everyone, QB Data Service user(no.)
- Provide Read/Write access to the entire folders
- Now copy and paste the company file, which is not opening in the freshly created QuickBooks folder. You can always see the data from this default location.
Then create inbound and outbound Firewall Rules.
- For that, go to Firewall>Windows Firewall.
- Tap on Advanced settings and choose inbound rules. Tap on New Rule, then on Port, select the TCP and add the port number based on the QB version.
- Once done, select ‘Allow the connection’ and tap on ‘Next.
- Go through the similar option to allow Outbound Firewall Rules
- Finally, restore the files on the primary system.
Connect with experts for guidance:
We wish your issues are resolve, if after this if you have any issues or query, chat our pc solution to get in touch with experts who will assist you with most suitable solutions to fix the issue.