Did your printer stop printing suddenly and now displays Epson Error Code 0X97? Don’t worry. Here you will get the solution to your error. In this blog, you would get to know how to fix Epson Printer WF-3640 Error Code 0X97 ? Simply, follow the troubleshooting steps in the provided sequence and fix your Epson Printer with Error 0X97.
What is Epson Printer WF-3640 Error Code 0X97?
Epson Printer Error 0X97 is an internal hardware issue which arises in the Epson Printers. This error 0X97 occurs on the LCD screen of the printer. The Epson Printer Error Code 0X97 arises suddenly when the printing process is taking place and it stops the print task or turns off the printer.
What is the Reasons behind Occurrence Of Epson Printer WF-3640 Error Code 0X97 ?
A motherboard failure is one of the reasons for the emergence of this error in your printer. As the Error 0X97 is caused because of the internal hardware issue, you can easily resolve this error by following the troubleshooting steps described below.
How to troubleshoot Epson Printer WF-3640 Error Code 0X97?
You can fix Epson Printer Error 0X97 in several ways. The solutions to resolve Epson Printer Error 0X97 are as follows.
Method 1: Unplug and Plugin the Printer
- Initially, open the case of your printer and check if any paper materials are jammed. If available, remove all the paper straps carefully.
- Now, remove the entire cartridges of your printer carefully and unplug all the USB cables of your Epson Printer and then switch off the printer by clicking the power button.
- Wait for few seconds, and plug back the entire USB cables which were removed to the printer.
- Then switch ON the printer and examine if the error 0X97 is resolved or not.
- If the error is not repaired, then go to the solution 2.
Method 2: Unplug and Plugin your Printer in Inverse Way
This procedure is quite opposite to method 1. Through this method, you can know whether the error has occurred because of internal hardware failure or not.
- Initially, shut down your printer by clicking the power button and unplug all the USB cables.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes and press & hold the power button of the printer for more than 1 minute.
- Then while pressing the power button,plugin the entire USB cables.
- Press the power button for another 1 minute after plugging in the entire cables.
- Then plug back the power cable and release the power button.
- Examine if the error is showing or not. If the Epson Error 0X97 still occurs, try the Method 3.
Method 3: Clean the clogged Epson printer nozzles by Wet Tissues
- Unplug the entire power cables of your printer.
- Then, open the case of the printer and wet a piece of soft cloth in an ammonia-based cleansing liquid.
- Now put the cloth under the print head and move the printer head to the centre.
- Leave the cloth for minimum 12 Hours.
- Then remove the cloth and close the printer.
- Now, switch ON the printer and examine if the error still persists or not.
Note: Is your Epson Printer in warranty Period? Then simply have words with proficient professionals.
We are sure that you would have resolved Epson Error Code 0X97. In case if the issue still persists or you have any other query connected to it, then simply consult experts. Chat with professionals at our toll-free so as to get best guidance to overcome this issue.
Q) What is the meaning of error code 0x97 on an Epson printer?
A) Error Code 0x97 is a kind of warning which arises when you face any kind of internal hardware issue in your Epson printer. … When this error occurs, your printer stops printing anything which makes you stop to complete a significant task.
Q) In which models Epson printer error 0x97 occur?
A) This error code arises in several Epson models, some of them are wf-3620, wf-4630, wf-3640 and 7610.
Q) What are the techniques to prevent error 0x97 ?
A) (1) Always change old cartridge with new cartridge.
(ii) Clean inside of Epson printer after certain interval of time.
(iii) Keep the cartridges nozzles clean.
How to Fix Epson printer Error 9923 ?
What is Epson Printer Error Code w-12 ?