Sometimes you may encounter the runtime error 1004 in excel. It becomes quite irritating situation when you are working on MS Excel or even you are trying to create a Macro in Excel documents and because of this error, you are not able to finish your work. This error can cause some serious problems when you are working with Visual Basic Applications. This error may also crash your program or even your system. This error can be encountered in a different version of MS Excel such as MS Excel 2007, MS Excel 2010, or MS Excel 2013. This issue can be resolve by several methods.
Effective remedy for excel runtime error 1004
Getting runtime errors is a quite annoying issue but this can be resolved with some manual methods. You can find the below steps to execute the runtime fixing issue:
- Initially, go to the Task Manager and then stop the entire programs that are running on your system.
- Now visit Start Menu and then choose the Control Panel.
- Now choose Add or Remove Program in the Control Panel.
- Subsequently, you will get the list of programs that are currently installed on your PC, from the choose Microsoft Work.
- Then tap on uninstall to remove it from the PC.
It is extremely significant to scan the entire system as it may be possible that your system may be affected by viruses, malware, corrupt files, etc. You can eradicate all these with the help of antivirus. After you have performed all these stuff then you will be free from a runtime error.
Another solution you can try to get rid of runtime error 1004
Apart from the above solution, you can also try the below-mentioned steps to resolve runtime error 1004:
- Initially, right-click on the Start Menu
- Then choose the Explore option.
- Then open the following directory – C:\Program Files\MSOffice\Office\XLSTART
- Delete “GWXL97.XLA” file from there.
- Finally, open the Excel after you close them, explorer.
I hope this article is helpful in resolving runtime error 1004 in excel. If after performing the above mention steps, still, you have any query or issue. Then Chat with experts at PC Solution +1-9175805618 who will guide you with the most accurate and simple solutions to resolve the error.