Bitdefender threat scanner secures your systems against cyber- attacks and threats. It provides baseline security against malware and virus and is user-friendly. Bitdefender threat scanner error message is an extremely common and arises when one of your Spybot’s dll files get corrupt. If you find that a file has been created at the location c:\widows\temp\BitDefender ThreatScanner.dmp, it means that your Bitdefender requires a fix. The file “Threat Scanenr.dmp” could not be study in notepad.
As mention above, Bitdefender threat scanner error arises mainly because of the Spybot’s corrupted file and one of the corrupted DLL files is sufficient to cause the problem. To fix the issues of Bitdefender threat scanner, see the below fixes.
Fix corrupted files
Attempt to resolve corrupted files, using these steps:
1. Tap on Start and choose File Explorer. In the case of Windows 7, tap Start and choose my computer.
2. In the address bar situated on the top of the screen, enter “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot-Search & Destroy 2”.
3. Search for the file termed “SDAV.dll”.
4. If you are unable to find the file you can download it.
5. When the downloading completes, find the downloaded file. Right-tap on the file and choose copy.
6. Then, go to the “Spybot-Search and Destroy2” folder.
7. Right-click and choose paste in the folder.
8. If you locate that the file is already available there, then right click on dll and go to properties to examine the size of the file.
9. Download the file if the size is other than 32KB.
10. Now follow the steps 5,6 and 7. The only difference is that after clicking paste choose “replace the file in the destination”.
Run the Patch
Bitdefender has already a patch to resolve this problem as this is one of the most common problems faced by Bitdefender users. Initially, you need to figure out the version of OS you have, then download the patch compatible with your OS version. Seek the patch corresponding to your Operating System architecture, download it and run as assisted by them. Patches are present for 32 bit operating systems and 64 bit operating systems.
Removal and reinstallation
Finally, go for removal and then reinstall. Now, download the Bitdefender removal tool and run it to remove Bitdefender. Then download Bitdefender and install it. Examine now, if your Bitdefender threat scanner is working suitably or not.
Re-install Spybot- Search & Destroy
1. From the Control Panel, visit the Program & Features.
2. Right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
3. Download the newest version of “Spybot-Search & Destroy” software.
4. Install it and examine if the issue is resolved or not.
Call Bitdefender Customer Support for Assistance:
The above mention steps are quite easy and simple, but if instead you are unable to resolve the Bitdefender threat scanner error message then simply get in touch with experts. Call Bitdefender Customer Support at Pcsolutione to get instant and correct solutions to resolve the problem.